I am trying to work my way through some stock before it gets old. Based on the success of my “Cherry Bomb” brew last year, I decided to make a “spin-off” using most of the same ingredients.
1 gallon plus a cup of water
1.1 grams Magnum Hops
3 grams Mosaic Hops
1/3 cup of Trader Joe’s Morello Cherries (in a jar)
1 lb. Amber Dry Malt Extract
Here’s the action plan:
- Boil water to 170 degrees.
- Turn off flame and dissolve in the dry malt extract
- Turn heat back on and add 1.1 grams magnum hops
- Boil for 20 minutes
- Add 2 grams mosaic hops
- Boil for 10 minutes
- Add cherries, cloves and remaining mosaic hops.
- Boil 5 minutes
- Turn off flame
- Cool to 70 degrees
- Strain into fermenter
- Add yeast – about 1/3 packet of US05
- Top with airlock filled to mark with alcohol or sanitizer